Halloween

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Clever Little Creatures

Keeping track of me out of the corner of her eye she said, "I made you live in a house with your dog alone." I heard it and gave her a quizzical look. Kids were packing up to go home all around as she lit up realizing that I'd been listening. She turned to me and repeated herself, "I made you live in a house with your dog alone."

"What?" I asked.

"In my Sims game."

"Oh!" (My understanding of this computer game is that you get to build your own little world and life.)

"Do you live alone?" She asked slyly.

"No, I actually live with my boyfriend."

"Hmmm. Guess I'll have to go home and make a boyfriend."

Crafty way of enquiring into my personal life in my estimation. Never underestimate the cunning of a nine-year-old.

No comments:

Post a Comment